Mike Hauert advises clients on a broad range of business issues, including entity selection and corporate formations, corporate governance, drafting and negotiating contracts, state and federal trademark registrations, joint ventures, employee and independent contractor agreements, shareholder agreements, operating agreements, purchase and sale of businesses, and buy-sell agreements and business succession planning.
Mike also assists clients in connection with a variety of real estate services including the purchase, sale, and leasing of commercial and residential real estate. Mike Hauert's experience includes real estate purchase due diligence, drafting letters of intent, purchase and sale agreements, and commercial leases for industrial, retail, and office properties, and review and negotiation of financing documents.
Mike Hauert's diverse professional experience makes him uniquely qualified to serve as outside general counsel to a number of small businesses without in-house legal staff. In this role, Mike provides clients the benefit of regular and consistent legal review and input to help resolve the myriad day-to-day issues their businesses face.
Mike believes that what makes him a good attorney is his ardent desire to help his clients succeed and his enthusiasm for working with business owners and small businesses. His goal is to build long-term relationships with his clients so that he can see their success and watch their businesses grow.
Mike Hauert is committed to giving back to his community and proudly serves the following organizations:
- Board Member for the Elmhurst Chamber of Commerce and Member of the Government Affairs Committee
- Board Member and volunteer coach for Access Sports, an Elmhurst not-for-profit organization
- Volunteer mentor for Elmhurst College students in conjunction with the Elmhurst College Center for Professional Excellence
- Volunteer mentor for young attorneys through the DuPage County Bar Association
- Member of the DuPage and Illinois Bar Associations
- Member of the Elmhurst Sustainability Task Force
Mike lives in Elmhurst with his wife, Lauren, and their two young boys, Will and Tate. His sons love donuts as much as Mike enjoys practicing law.